Tomorrow, assuming all goes well, your first sibling will be born. Tomorrow, our lives together will change forever. You will have a new baby sister to love and teach and help grow. You already love her so much. You talk to her and sing to her. You cuddle with her and ask her how she is doing. Sometimes you stop in the middle of whatever you are doing and run up to me, rub my belly and ask her if she is alright. You are going to be the BEST big sister, better than I ever was. Tomorrow, when your sister is born some things will change, but some will stay exactly the same. Tomorrow you will still be sweet and cheerful, friendly and shy. Tomorrow you will still be the most amazing gift Heavenly Father has ever given me, and you will still be the reason I know He loves me. You will still have changed my life in so many ways. Tomorrow, we embark on a new adventure, exciting and scary. But that is all tomorrow.
Today. Today it's just you and I. And your dad of course. You and I spend our days dancing, singing, coloring, reading and laughing. You make me laugh every day, several times everyday. You love to read, I could read to you from dawn till dusk and you would still ask for one more story. You also love to sing, and be sung to. In fact, if I read to you all day you would probably ask to take breaks to make up a song and do a little dance. Most of your songs go something like: "sing, sing, SING!!!" at the top of your lungs. It is so funny, and so entertaining. I am so lucky to know you in a way that no one else does. You are funny and sweet and oh so charismatic. And you are loud. You have two volumes, loud and louder. You talk nonstop, literally, you talk in your sleep. You always want to know what I am doing, and you love to "help" me do everything.
One of your favorite things to help me with is putting the pillows on the bed. You wait patiently while I pull up the blankets and sheets and then you have a ball arranging the pillows, crashing into them, putting them on the floor just so you can climb down, get them and start all over again.
You are exactly what I expected from a two year old. You play, and have fits. Oh, the fits you are capable of! You remember you are mad for longer than I do sometimes! And most of the time it's because I have the nerve to make you wear shoes that match your clothes... But I guess if it's worth it to you!
You are a sponge. You can watch a movie a few times and later quote lines from it. I can't even do that! You definitely got that trait from your dad. You are so like him. You have the same inquisitive spirit and you never met a button you didn't want to push! You love your dad so much. He truly is your best bud. Every morning when I get you out of bed you run straight into my room to look for dad. On the weekdays, you look around then look at me and say "daddy at work" and you go on with your day. On the weekends however, you run in and see dad waiting for you in his spot on the bed. You squeal with excitement as you climb up and jump on him. the two of you cuddle and read books and talk for as long as your mean old mom will let you stay in bed. Then you "help" me make breakfast.
You grow so much every day. I don't mean learn, I mean grow... I bought you pants a size too big three weeks ago and you are already growing out of them. We are going to go broke just keeping you in clothes!
You are so sweet and tender. If you see me cry you worry about me. And you give me the best hugs! Some days all it takes is a hug from you to turn my whole day around. I don't know what I would do without your hugs and kisses!
You love to shop! Just like me... Your favorite stores are the popcorn store (Target) and the Smarty store (Macey's). I love taking you on trips to the popcorn store. We go to the snack bar, buy a bag of popcorn (hence the name) and a soda and we wander the aisles for as long as the popcorn lasts. Dad hates it when we go to the popcorn store because we typically buy a bunch of random stuff that we don't really need. But we have a blast together, so it doesn't really matter! You love going to Macey's because when we check out you always get a roll of Smarty's from the cashier. You always make me ask for them. That's another thing, you are totally and completely shy around strangers. Which I am glad for in a way, at least I know your not going to run of with some weirdo!
Right now you are taking a nap which you do a lot of lately, because like I said, you are growing like crazy! It's one of the few quiet moments in my day and usually I enjoy having some time alone, but today is different. It's my last day to be just your mom and I want to spend every minute of it making sure you know how much I love you. That, I can promise you will never ever change. No matter how many brothers and sisters you have I want you to know that if I had only been able to have you, it would have been more than enough! But, you are also the reason that your baby sister is on her way. Being your mom changed my life and made me realize that being a mom is what I was made to do. You and your dad are my whole world and you make me happier than anything else ever has. You are my princess bug and you always will be. Even when you are no longer a child, you will still be MY child, so go easy on me when I embarrass you in front of your friends a few years down the road!
Love,
Mom
5 years ago

2 comments:
Kalee, You're such an amazing mom! Hope everything goes well for you. Can't wait to see pics of your new baby. Hugs!
I absolutely LOVE this letter you wrote to Macie and I wish I would have done something like this for Bridger. It is so precious and it is something she will treasure forever....
Post a Comment