The Harwood Family

Making the world a more beautiful place, one kid at a time...

Sunday, September 20, 2009

I love you, Brad Paisley!

Most people know this, I have a wonderful husband who I love very much. He recently surprised me with tickets to see Brad Paisley at Usana. For this one single act, I will love him forever! Last night was the concert and it was amazing. By far the best concert I have ever been to, and unlike the Rascal Flatts fiasco, if Brad was drunk, at least you couldn't tell! What an amazing performer! I love him! It even rained during my very favorite love song, it was so stinking romantic!

Not the best picture, but there is Mr. Paisley in the flesh!
Yes, Steve even bought me an over priced concert T-shirt...
Moving right along, this past week my mom and I went to Long Beach, CA for a few days. My mom went for a company training convention and had no roommate so Macie and I went along for a few days of fun in the sun, before we freeze to death this winter!
This is Macie and I getting ready to take off on Macie's first plane ride (For the record, she was amazing on the plane).
When we landed I had to take a picture of the Long Beach Airport. It is the cutest little airport there ever was. There obviously is a control tower but the terminal is a double wide trailer. Remember the "relocatables" you probably had at your elementary school? This airport is a bunch of those lined up next to each other! So much better than flying into LAX!
While we were in Long Beach we went to see the Queen Mary, which is an old ocean liner that has been turned into a hotel. I didn't get any good pictures of it... Sorry! And this picture is not great but I thought this was really cool. This is the Scorpion, it's a Russian attack submarine. You can go on a tour, but there are no babies allowed and it is said to be very creepy... So I didn't go!


This is Macie on her first bus ride.
We did lots of swimming and played at the beach.
We also went to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. I thought it was very cool, and Macie liked it as much as a 1 year old likes just about anything!
These are baby clown fish. Macie liked them, probably because there were so many.
This is a Giant Spider Crab. Just to give you some perspective, including it's legs, it is 3 feet 9 inches in diameter. I wouldn't want to run into that in the open ocean!
Believe it or not I was actually encouraging Macie to play with the shark at the playground!
And the Hermit Crab too!
I thought these jelly fish were very cool.
Since I'm dually fascinated and terrified of sharks, I took lots of pictures, but I'll only share one since I think you may be getting bored at this point in my bliggity blog.
I had such a good time in Long Beach and I am so glad I got to spend some one on one time with my perfect girl. I also loved spending some time with my mom. It was a great trip.
Last but not least, for my own selfish reasons, I am posting this picture from the zoo a few weeks ago. You see, since blogging is currently all the journaling I do I want my posterity to see that I actually look good in a picture once in a while! Even if Macie refused to look at the camera...

3 comments:

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

looks like you guys had alot of fun. We went to the beach for like a half hour cuz we had to get on the road, but next time we get to go to a place where there is a beach we will be staying at least one day at the beach. It's a must. SOrry about the car situation. I wish I would have known and I would have talked to Brian to see if there was any way to get a deal for you guys. Next time if he is still there.
Hey I was there taking that Picture at the ZOo. Did you see the one I posted of Macie with my girils?
Lets do another play date soon. It was fun. maybe the park before it gets cold.

Dana said...

Looks like you have had a blast this past week! Darling pictures of the Macie bug!

*Amber* said...

I saw your link from Dana's page so I thought I would drop you a visit! :) Looks like a fun time!