The Harwood Family

Making the world a more beautiful place, one kid at a time...

Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's My Party!!!

Hi everyone! Macie here, reporting on the weekend extravaganza that was my birthday! First, we started the weekend off early by going boating at Jordanelle with the Harwoods. I played on the beach with my mom and Aunt Janee and Grandma Janell while everyone else went out on the boat. I was perfectly happy playing in the sand and my bucket of water until....
My mom and dad thought it would be a good idea to take me out for a ride on the tube. "We can get some good pictures for the blog." my mom said. Dad chimed in with "She loves the pool so why wouldn't she like the tube?" For the record, I hated every second of it...
The next day, Saturday, was my birthday. We had a huge party at my Grandma and Grandpa Atkinson's house. It was a good thing we had it at their house because even if we did have grass in our back yard, it would not have been big enough for everyone who came!
Here is a picture of my special outfit my mom made just for my birthday party.
For my birthday I got lots of new books...

And a ton of new clothes!
After we finished opening presents it was time for cake. While everyone else ate cup cakes and ice cream, I got to dig into this yummy cake that my mom made.
I wasn't sure about it, so I started out slow...
I don't like having stuff on my hands so it took me a little while to get into it.
I took my first bite, and boy was it good!
Even Hayden got in on the action with Aunt Tera's cup cake frosting... Much to his moms dismay...
Finally someone decided to let me be civilized and gave me a fork to eat with,
and then I really dug in!
But then my fork got all sticky too!
So Uncle Todd tried to show my how to do this cake eating thing the right way.
Eventually I decided that when it comes to cake, eating with your hands is the best way to go.
I ended up with more cake on me than in me, but that's what it's all about right?
Finally it was time to clean off and get in my jammies, I had had a long day and a nice bath was just what I needed after all that cake! (Yes the water is cloudy from all the frosting and cake. We drained it and started over after we got all the big stuff off of me!)
Thanks to everyone who came to my party to help celebrate my birthday! I love you all!

2 comments:

The White House said...

Kalee, Your family photos are ADORABLE! All 3 of you look great! Love 'em!
Sorry we couldn't make it to Macie's party. :( Sounds like ya'll had a wonderful time!
Happy Birthday Macie! Can't believe she's a year!

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

I love your pictures that Christine took .SO cute.
I wish I would have stayed for the cake mess. it looked like way too much fun.
Happy 1st birthday macie. Much more to come.