The Harwood Family

Making the world a more beautiful place, one kid at a time...

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Seriously, So Blessed!

I know I won't hear the end of it from my friends that read "Seriously, so Blessed" but I just have to blog for a minute about how blessed I feel right now! Lately it seems like there has not been much luck coming my way, and some things are just not turning out the way I want them to or with the timing I want them to. And yet, I have so many things to be grateful for. As most people know, it's Christmas time... And if you know me, you know that when it comes to Christmas I say go big or go home. Up until about two weeks ago I thought that our Christmas was going to be all but nonexistent. I thought we would be able to buy Macie maybe one toy and an outfit or two and that would be our Christmas. Then a few miraculous things happened. First, in our sacrament meeting the week before Thanksgiving the speakers were asked to talk about finding things in our everyday lives that we can be grateful for. It got me thinking about all the ways that my life is different than I planned for it to be and yet still amazingly perfect. Not that my life is perfect, just that there are things about my life that are perfect and for the most part they are the things that I have relinquished control of and just let happen. I remembered that Christmas isn't about how many gifts we buy for others, or how much we spend on them, and I realized that even of it was Macie is one... she has the attention span of a roll of duct tape, one or two gifts is plenty for her and she'll probably like the box it came in better anyway! For this realization I am truly grateful. Then the second miraculous thing happened... Steve and I recently refinanced our house, since we closed during the last week of November we got to skip our house payment for December. Can you think of a better month to skip a house payment?!?!?!? I can't. Sometimes things just work out. Sometimes some things work out while others don't. Sometimes nothing works out the way we want it to, but that doesn't mean it never will. It only took me 25 years to learn that, but better than never I guess! And that folks is why I am seriously so blessed!

1 comment:

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

I know what you mean. I have had to come to tearms with the fact that the girls will not get much for christmas, but than I realize they dont need much for onw and for two they dont understand right now. Next year will be different cuz they will understand, but hopefully we will have things under better control next year ( i say this every year) but we will see. I'ts amazing when you see your blessing unfold before you. Maybe we should look into refinancing. DId you guys have to have an estemer come out?