The Harwood Family

Making the world a more beautiful place, one kid at a time...

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Working Mom


Here's how the conversation went:

Unnamed Person (UP): So, Kalee are you still working?
Me: Yes.
UP: Do you still work for the CPA firm?
Me: No, I stopped working there right before I had Macie.
UP: So, where do you work now?
Me: At home.
UP:Oh, that's great that you get to work from home. Who do you work for?
Me: Macie...
UP: Oh... No, I meant are you WORKING?
Me: Yes. Everyday. I work about 14 hour days and I'm on call 24/7.
UP: Well, it was great to see you. Bye...
Awkward? Yes. If anyone reading this blog knows a mom who doesn't work, can you please leave a comment with her name and number so I can contact her and find out what her secret is? That would be great, thanks!

5 comments:

BRIAN~KANDICE~ALI~ALYSSA said...

that's funny. It's so much work being a SAHM. I think it's almost more work cuz you dont get a break at all where as when I go to work, I get my break from my girls. yeah I love them, but some days I need to have my space.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Kalee! You are a great momma to that cute little Macie girl of yours. Keep up the good work, love!

The White House said...

LOVED this!!

THE RHOADES said...

That's awesome Kalee! Way to stick up for the working mom's! One day I'll be one hehe. (Happy Valentines)

Regan and Annie Duckworth said...

Way funny. Good job.